According to Article 49 of the 2014 Housing Law, 9 subjects were eligible to buy social housing. However, these subjects also have to meet three conditions of housing, residence as well as income.
According to Clause 7, Article 3 of the 2014 Housing Law, social housing is a state-supported housing for beneficiaries of housing support policies in accordance with this Law.
Ecohome 2. Housing (Photo: Minh Anh).
10 subjects are allowed to buy and rent social houses
Regarding the beneficiaries of social housing support policies, Article 49 of the 2014 Housing Law stipulates that 9 subjects are allowed to buy social houses, including:
1. People with meritorious services to the revolution according to the provisions of law on preferences for people with meritorious services to the revolution;
2. Poor and near-poor households in rural areas;
3. Households in rural areas of regions frequently affected by natural disasters or climate change;
4. Low-income people, poor and near-poor households in urban areas;
5. Laborers working in enterprises inside and outside industrial parks;
6. Officers, non-commissioned officers, professional and non-commissioned officers, professional armymen, workers in agencies and units of the People's Police and the People's Army;
7. Officials, civil servants and public employees in accordance with the law on cadres, civil servants and public employees;
8. Subjects who have returned official residences according to the provisions of Clause 5, Article 81 of this Law;
9. Students and students of institutes, universities, colleges and vocational training schools; students of public ethnic boarding schools may use houses during their study time;
10. Households and individuals subject to land recovery and house clearance and demolition according to law provisions without compensation from the State with dwelling houses or residential land.
According to Article 50 of this Law, only 9 subjects are allowed to buy social houses. Particularly for pupils and students of institutes, universities, colleges and vocational training schools; Students of public boarding schools who are allowed to use houses during their study may only rent social houses.
Three conditions for buying social housing
Also according to Article 51 of the 2014 Housing Law, the above 9 subjects will be allowed to buy social houses, rent or hire them if they meet three specific conditions.
Regarding housing conditions, there are no houses under their ownership, have not been purchased, rented or leased to buy social houses, have not been entitled to the housing and housing support policies in any form in their places of residence, study or have houses under their ownership but the housing area per capita in the household is lower than the minimum housing area prescribed by the Government in each period and region;
Regarding residence conditions, permanent residence must be registered in the provinces or centrally run cities where the social houses are located; In case of no permanent residence registration, it is required to have a temporary residence registration of one year or more in this province or city, unless otherwise prescribed.
Regarding the conditions of residence, the person who is allowed to buy social houses in the above items must be exempt from regular income tax in accordance with the law on personal income tax; In case of being a poor or near-poor household, they must be poor or near-poor according to the Prime Minister's regulations.
For the subjects specified in Clauses 1, 8, 9 and 10 above, the income requirements prescribed at this Point are not required.
Form of implementation of social housing support policies
According to Article 50 of the 2014 Housing Law, the form of implementing social housing support policies includes:
1. Supporting the settlement of lease, lease-purchase, sale of social houses for the subjects specified in Clauses 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 of Article 49 of this Law; For social entities prescribed in Clause 9, Article 49 of this Law, they are only allowed to rent social houses.
2. To support under target housing programs for subjects defined in Clauses 1, 2 and 3, Article 49 of this Law to build or renovate or repair dwelling houses.
3. To support the allocation of residential land with land use levy exemption or reduction according to the provisions of the land legislation or donate houses to subjects defined in Clauses 1, 2 and 3, Article 49 of this Law.
4. Providing support for the State's preferential loans through the Social Policy Bank, credit institutions designated by the State to subjects defined in Clauses 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of Article 49 of this Law on new construction, renovation or repair of residential houses.
Follow Life & Legal