This is an important content mentioned in the Draft Law on Architecture (expected to be approved by the National Assembly at the 7th session of the XIV National Assembly, held in mid-2019).
According to this, architecture in urban areas must ensure 07 following requirements:
- Firstly, space, architecture and landscape must be designed in association with the existing landscape, bringing elements of cultural identity, local characteristics and security requirements.
- Secondly, not invading the landscape around nature; landscape of relics and heritage; maintain, protect and regularly restore the system of green trees and water surfaces.
- Thirdly, public building architecture ensures easy access for people with disabilities; ensure gender equality.
- Fourthly, the utility works on the street must be designed to meet the aesthetic requirements and the requirements of utility, ensuring safety for people and vehicles.
- Fifthly, the system of signage, billboards and lighting must be designed in a synchronous manner, suitable to the general urban architecture.
- Sixthly, architectural works in service of traffic must be designed in a coordinated manner to ensure the use, aesthetics and nature of urban centers.
- Seventhly, the construction, renovation and embellishment of architectural works in landscape areas have been determined by the government to minimize the change of terrain and ensure the sustainable development of natural environment.
Particularly for urban architectural works with national or local historical and cultural significance, religious and belief works, famous monuments and cultural symbols of urban centers are prescribed in Regulation of urban architecture management.
Sculptures, monuments, reliefs, fountains, miniatures in gardens and urban decorations should be designed on the basis of considering the landscape elements, meeting the requirements of use and aesthetics public.
At the same time the new construction, repair, demolition of works, technical infrastructure systems do not break the landscape of regional architecture.
According to Tho Kim - Cafeland